Thursday, January 20, 2011

More Ridiculously Expensive Fruits From Japan!

Fruit can be VERY expensive in Japan, we have shown you 1K grapes, $200 watermelons (but they ARE square) and melons for $5500.
With these numbers, this lone strawberry may seem cheap.



Beautiful Princess strawberries are a jumbo variety and considered a special treat !
The above one is currently on sale for the low price of 10740 yen (including shipping), the strawberry is 3 times the size of a normal strawberry,  and 80 grams of sugar sweetness- only 50 boxed sets will be sold.
Will it be a popular Valentine's Day gift in Japan?  I would spend my $135 elsewhere...

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

My personal favorite was the $8.00 peach in the Tokyo Supermarket^_^ But I will say I had some of the best ever grapes from Japanese Wine Country.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Template by Jolt Studios